Fort Clinch 100

6 Apr

This past weekend I was among the thirty or so people who had signed up to run the Fort Clinch 100. The Fort Clinch 100(FC100) is a 100 mile ultra marathon that takes place in the Fort Clinch State Park in Fernandina Beach, Florida. The FC100 consists of running ten loops on a ten mile course that was a mix of single track trail, paved road and approximately one mile of cement fishing pier. The race website described the course while not technically difficult the cumulative elevation change of 9000ft would wear out your legs before you realized what was happening.
The description of the course on the website did not do the trail justice; it was some of the most beautiful trail I have yet to run on. The first mile of the course consisted of running along the main paved park road in order to allow some spacing before entering the single track trail. The first time I ran this section I don’t think I looked straight ahead once, so many things caught my eye in that first mile. Right from the start line you could see large dunes covered with wild grass that rustled in the morning breeze. There were large oak trees covered with hanging Spanish moss which gave you the sensation of running through a large green tunnel. Once you entered the single track trail at the end of this road the racers 20 yards in front of and behind you seemed to disappear. The mix of oak trees covered with moss and ferns was so thick people would go around a bend in the trail and you would lose sight of them completely, then when you would make the same turn that person would have vanished into woods with out a trace. This first section of trail had quite a bit of elevation change with a lot of short steep climbs. This section also had several areas which had a lot of roots exposed and care was needed to make sure that you did take a tumble. The trail would take you for about two miles and ended at the first unmanned aid station. After the aid station we went right back onto the trail for another two miles of rolling hills. This section seemed to have a lot more flat trail in between the hills, however the hills in this area of the trail seemed to be steeper and made up of lose packed sand that would cause your foot to slide backward if you where not careful. After two miles on this trail section you came to the willow pond aid station, which was the other fully stocked aid station besides the one at the start line. The interesting thing about this aid station was that you would pass through it twice giving you two opportunities to load up on some delicious snacks. You would come to the aid station then run a .75 mile loop that started and ended at that aid station before continuing down the trail toward Fort Clinch. The .75 mile loop took you through a swamp that had a sign that warned of alligator crossing. It was easy to see why the trail ran on a small strip of dry land that was flanked on both sides by dark swampy water. I would make sure to run down the very middle of that trail just to be safe. After leaving the second aid station you had about a mile or so of single track trial till you reached a large parking lot. This was the Fort Clinch visitor parking lot and would get very busy during the day. After running through the parking lot and down a packed stone service road you emerged onto a wide open beach with the water directly in front of you. After running a few hundred yards down this path Fort Clinch would become visible on the right hand side. It was an impressive sight with several large artillery pieces placed around the fort it was impossible to imagine any civil war ship being able to sail past without being hit and sunk. The trail section around Fort Clinch was just short of a mile long, and with every step you had a beautiful view of the Ameila river. Following the packed sand trail let you to another packed stone parking lot with another unmanned aid station that had water, Cliff Electrolyte powder and some Cliff shot energy gels. After leaving this aid station you would run maybe 100 yards before being back on the single track trail. This part of the trail was one of my favorites as it seemed to be flatter and have less steep hills then the other sections of the trail. I am not actually sure if there where less hills on this section or if just the excitement of being almost done with a lap made it seem easier. This trail would go for a mile or a mile and half before emerging out on the main park road. It actually put you back on the main road at the same point that you first entered the trail at mile one. From that point you ran back to the parking lot where the finish line was located. However you did not run right back to the start/finish line you first had to make a trip out on the cement fishing pier. The pier was a half mile and made of very unforgiving concrete. It would take its toll both on my legs and on my mind by the end of the race. Once you had ran the out and back on the fishing pier it was only a several hundred yards down a parking lot to the start finish line and the complete of the loop. This was of course repeated nine more times.
I had decided to run the FC100 only a few weeks before the race day. I had originally planned to run the Double top 100 as my big spring race. However, due to large amounts of snow the race director was unable to get volunteers and aid station supplies to the right locations and the race was canceled for safety reasons nine hours after it had started. This left me with a huge feeling disappointment that all the time I had spent training for a spring 100 miler would have been for nothing. So I decided to start looking on the internet to see if I could find a 100 mile race that was close to South Carolina that I might be able to do. That is when I found the FC100 and started making plans for the race. My girlfriend and crew chief, Lora, had to work late Friday night so this would mean we would not be able to leave for Florida till after 9pm the night before the race. There would be no soft hotel bed to sleep in before this race just the seat of my ford focus. However being the great girlfriend and crew chief that she is, Lora offered to drive overnight to the race site while I slept in the back seat. So that is exactly what happened she drove six hours fueled by mountain dew and sun flower seeds while I slept curled up in the back seat. We arrived at the state park around three in the morning to find that the park gates were still locked so we drove to the nearest hotel and parked the car in the parking lot and settled in for another few hours of sleep in the car. We awoke at five and drove to the start line so I could pick up my race packet and start getting ready for the race. After getting dressed and eating some breakfast Lora and I started to wander over to the start line where many of the racers had started to gather. Just as the Race Director, Caleb started to give a short race brief about the course flagging and what we should expect. Of course I did not hear any of this because I had to use the bathroom but luckily Lora was there and gave me a quick rundown of what the course markings were so I would not get lost.
The race was started with a simple command of go right at six thirty. I settled into a nice easy pace with another small group of runners, by the time we made it to the trail head the field had spread out considerably. My plan for the first lap was to just keep a nice easy pace the whole lap and only to walk when I encountered a steep up hill. This plan lasted for about six miles until I started having some really bad stomach issues and I thought that I would have to make it back to the start before I would be able to use a bathroom. After running/walking down the trail I saw that course passed the willow pond aid station so I quickly ran over to use the port-a-john they had on site. This seemed to fix whatever stomach issue I was having and was able to finish the first loop with no other problems. The highlight of this first lap was seeing the sunrise coming up off the water as I ran on the beach around the fort. It was a very peaceful moment in the race with no one else around, the sun coming up, the sound of the water, and some sea birds.
The second loop was by the best loop I had the entire race. I was running strong and was very much enjoying myself and the trail. The sun was up making the trail very easy to see but had not yet caused the temperature to climb to an uncomfortable level. With my stomach feeling much better and it was much easier to eat during the run. I was making sure that I was taking an energy gel every forty five minutes or so. I was also able to eat some real food at the willow pond aid station, they had a large plate of brownies and some banana slices covered with Nutella. I could not decided which one sounded better so I took one of each, filled my water bottle on kept on running down the trail. The last few miles of trail past the fort seemed to pass by in no time as I was doing a lot of looking around. Trying to take in as much of the scenery as possible and in the blink of an eye I was back to the start line and the lap was over.
The start of the third loop is when I started to notice that the temperature was really starting to climb up as well as the humidity. This increase in temperature started to make me feel very light headed and nauseas, I knew that I was starting to get dehydrated and that I would really have to focus on making sure that I was taking enough fluids. So, during that third lap I started to force my self to take small sips every so often when I was running and to drink considerable amounts every time I walked the up hill sections. With this strategy I drank my entire 16oz water bottle every 2.5 miles and would have to refill it at every aid station. Even though I was drinking a lot of fluids the heat was still getting to me and I experienced the first emotional low of this race, and it would last for the entire ten mile loop. The heat was so uncomfortable it was all I could focus on. Once I started focusing on being uncomfortable I really began to suffer, as nothing seemed to go right. The willow pond aid station was a life saver on this lap, they had towels that had been soaking in ice water and would wrap them around your neck while you ran the short loop around the aid station. I remember thinking that ice towel was the greatest thing on the planet. When I got back to the aid station the aid station crew refilled my water bottle for me while I tried to eat some chips and drink some coke. Before leaving this aid station I asked if they had enough ice that I might be able to put a handful in my hat before I started down the trail. They did not even hesitate and loaded my hat up some ice and I was on my way. After leaving the willow pond aid station I started to feel like I was starting to pull out of that low and then I hit the parking lot at fort Clinch. The temperature seemed to jump 20 degrees the minute I hit the pavement, the next mile would be run completely exposed to the sun, to make matters worse the sand and pavement would radiate the heat back up at you. It was like being in a giant toaster oven and the cruelest part was seeing the waves from the water roll up against the beach. I imagined how cool and refreshing that water would feel if I jumped in. Getting back on the trail after the beach section provided me with some much needed shade, just getting out of the sun provided a little mental boost. That is until the trail section ended and I was once again exposed to the sun and pavement. The fishing pier on this lap was both physical and mentally draining. Besides being very hot and being exposed to the sun while on the pier it was now very crowed and required you to weave in and out of not an only people but also fishing poles and hooks. Even crossing the finish line and completing thirty miles did not seem to boost my sprits; it was around this point the first thought of failing to finish started to creep into my head.
Before starting out on my fourth loop I sat down next to my car in the fold up chair Lora had brought and changed into some fresh socks. As I was leaving on my fourth loop Lora handed me cheeseburger loaded up with a stack of bread and butter pickles. It was a welcomed surprise as I started back out on the course. I made the decisions to just walk the mile of paved road and eat my hamburger. This would allow me to avoid some of the hard pounding of the pavement, while letting me eat my burger, this turned out to be a great decision. I was starting to make an emotional up swing and by the time I covered the mile of paved road to the trail head I was feeling good and felt as though I was once again able to start running. As I started down the trail I felt really good and was able to keep up a pretty quick pace. I covered the first four miles of the fourth loop with ease but started to get tired and dizzy again just as I entered the willow pond aid station. In an effort to avoid going back into an emotional low and to get some fluid I spent some extra time at this aid station making sure I got some salty food and a few glasses of coke. The aid station workers asked me if I felt alright and I explained that I was simply in a low point. They asked what I need to pull myself out of the emotional low, before I could respond she asked “cooler temperatures?” This made me smile and after getting my fill of the aid station snacks I continued down the trail for my fourth trip around Fort clinch. My fourth trip around fort clinch was the same as the previous loop very hot and uncomfortable. In the .75 of a mile around the fort I drank my entire 16oz water bottle and entered the unmanned aid station just as I was running out. After a short break to fill my bottle and down a few energy gels I was back on the trail and out of the sun. This last trail section I was able to run at a pretty good clip, driven by the fact that after this lap Lora would be running with me for the next ten miles. Just the thought of having some company and someone to distract me from the miles was priceless. It was also on this section of trail that I saw my first armadillo; it looked like a big grey football rooting through downed underbrush and it was the start of what would be many wild life sightings. After another long trip down the fishing pier I had completed fifty miles of the race, the thought of being at the half way point was both encouraging and scary at the same time. It was encouraging to know that from that point on I would be counting down laps, which to me is a great mental boost. It was however a scary thought because I knew I still had many more hours of running before I would be done.
After a short stop to grab some food and refill my water bottle at the car both Lora and I headed out on my fifth loop. I once again decided to walk the mile of paved road to the trail head, as it had seemed to help my legs recover before starting the hilly section of the course. This would be the first time that Lora would have to see much of the state park so I wanted to keep a pace that would allow us to make the beach section before the sun went down, so she could see how amazing the water front was. As we entered the trail off the main road I once again felt as though I had a fresh pair of legs and was able to maintain a pretty good pace through the first section of trail. I suspect the cooling temperatures were a big part of my body starting to feel good again. We made quick work of the first five miles of the course stopping only to walk the very tallest of hills and at the unmanned aid station. As we entered the willow pond aid station I could feel myself starting to feel very tired and hungry. I asked if they had any hot food and the response I got blew my mind. I was offered a grilled turkey Panini with either Swiss cheese or Brie with an avocado spread. I was not really sure how to respond so such a sandwich except to smile and say yes please. I did turn down the avocado spread as I had never ate it during a race and did not want to risk an upset stomach. I placed my order and ran the .75 mile loop around the aid station and when Lora and I came back into the aid station my sandwich was done. I drank a small glass of coke and left the aid station with the delicious aid station treat in hand. Instead of running I opted to walk as I ate, I did not want to risk tripping and dropping such a sandwich. That turkey and Swiss was by far the greatest tasting Panini of my life, that little sandwich gave me such a physical and emotional boost. My body felt as though the race had just started five miles ago. After finishing off the sandwich in record time Lora and I were again moving at the seemed like a very quick pace, I wanted to make sure that we got to the fort while there was still sunlight so Lora would have a chance to see it. We could not have time it better; we arrived on the beach just as the sun was setting against the water. It was a terrific sunset framed by an amazing stretch of beach and untouched forest. We walked for a bit on the beach path around the fort enjoying the views but begin running after a few minutes. Once at the last unmanned aid station I started to feel sad that this lap would soon be over and I would once again be running this loop alone and in the dark. Before I knew it Lora and I had made our down the last section of trail and fishing pier and back to the finish line.
I refilled my water bottle and grabbed some Jelly Belly jelly beans and once again walked the first mile of paved road to the trail head casually eating my treats. The sun was well set by this point so I once again was running using a head lamp to light my way. Shortly after starting to run on the trail I did something that would be a trend for the remainder of the race, I smashed my big toe straight into a tree root. I was able to keep from face planting on the trail but that did not stop the flow of profanity toward that root, I was just fortunate that there were no other racers or children around. This incident would repeat its self many, many times on that sixth loop. I would smash one of my toes on a tree root and curse that roots very existence in the world. Once I had regain my composure I would remind myself to stay focused and not let my brain go into cruise control. That seemed to last for a half mile or so then another devil root would announce itself to one of my toes. After many stumbles and almost face plants I made it to the willow pond aid station. I had expected it to be busy with the many people who had been there before but it was eerily quiet as I approached. When I made to the clearing of the aid station I saw why, many of the volunteers who had been up since before me were tucked away in sleeping bags around the fire. I remember thinking how comfortable and cozy they all looked and how much I too looked forward to sleeping that however was still many hours away. I took off on the .75 mile loop curious to see if any of the alligators would be moving around in the dark. There would be no gator sightings for me during this race and I soon was back to the willow pond aid station. After again drinking some coke and eating another glorious sandwich, this time it was a grilled cheese, I made my way down the trail to the fort. The section of trail on the way to the fort was so quiet and peaceful I was almost lulled to sleep until out of no where something exploded up from the side of the trail and started tearing through the woods. I was so surprised I almost fell over, petrified by what had just happened I stood, frozen in the middle of the trail waiting for what surely must be a big foot to jump out and punch me in the head. After a few seconds I saw what had created such a loud noise, two baby deer and their mother. From that point on in the race I would be chasing deer around the course. They were very skilled at staying perfectly still until I was with in a few feet of them before exploding into a dead sprint through the woods. After being nearly scared to death I again started making forward progress down the trail, only to find another immovable root with my big toe it would not be the last. This lap I decided to walk the entire beach section around the fort, I just did not have the energy to run through the soft shifting sand. Instead I enjoyed the sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the star covered night sky. The last few miles of this sixth lap went by rather quickly fueled by the thought that on the next lap I would once again have Lora to keep me company.
The start of my seventh lap started just like the last few, I refilled my water bottles and grabbed some food to eat while I walked to the trail head. However this time I once again had Lora with me. Just knowing I was going to have someone to talk to this lap gave me an emotional picks me up and I was looking forward to the next ten miles. Shortly down the trail though I could tell something was not right, Lora was not talking much and when she did it was very short. I asked her if she felt ok and she always responded with yea I am ok, though with her running behind me I did not notice when she started run with a limp. Without seeing that she was in physical pain I pressed on down the trail at a comfortable pace, at this point I was feeling good. When we emerged from the trail at the first aid station Lora ran up beside me and I could see that something was not right, I asked her what was wrong. She gave me a sad look and said I just don’t feel good, I am dizzy and I feel nauseas I don’t know if I can finish this loop. My first thought was to walk her straight back to the start finish line, before I could tell her we would both go back, she started to cry. She apologized for letting both of us down, hating that she had broken down and would not be able to finish the lap. I assured her that she was not letting herself or me down and that she should just walk back to the start line and I would see her when I got back. I know a lot of people who read this will say why you not walked back with her to make sure she got to the start line safe, and to that I say you do not know Lora. Had I told her I wanted to walk her back to the start line she would have told me no then would have became even more upset with herself while at the same time becoming enraged at me for not continuing down the trail. I asked her if she had plenty of water and energy gels which she did. I also had her take a salt tablet hoping the nausea was caused by low electrolytes and I continued down the trail. I thought about Lora the entire lap and ran the loop at a pace that was faster then I should have been running given the amount of miles I had yet to run. I just wanted to get back to the start as soon as I could to make sure she was ok. When I got back to the start line I was greeted there by a smiling Lora, she said she felt much better after getting an hour and a half nap and getting some food to eat. Relieved I reloaded my water bottle with piedylite and started on my eighth laps.
At the start of my eighth lap all I could think of is get this lap done and over with. After this lap all I would have left one more time around the course, just one victory lap around the course and the race would be in the bag. Hopefully Lora would feel well enough to go with me on the final lap. Little did I know that this would be one of the most interesting ten mile runs I have ever ran. The start of this loop was the same as the last few I would walk the paved section while I ate. For this lap I had grabbed a few chocolate covered coffee beans that Lora had made before we left and some candy, it was the only thing that seemed appetizing at time. Once I reached the trail I started running, at this point running is a relative term because in fact I was not moving much faster then a really fast walk. Having eaten some coffee beans and candy I felt very awake and energized, which made the first three miles go by in the blink of an eye. I made a quick stop at the first unmanned aid station to grab a salt tablet and refill my hand held water bottle before starting down the trail to the willow pond aid station. Shortly after leaving that aid station I had the most dramatic mental and physical crash of the race. I suspect it was a perfect storm of the caffeine wearing off and low blood sugar. In a matter of twenty yards I went from running strong and feeling good to a feeling of exhaustion and having to walk. I realized that I was in the middle of bonking so I took a few cliff shots with double caffeine which gave me enough of a boost to at least start running again. It did not, however get my mind back to normal I felt extremely tired and as though everything was moving in slow motion. The shadows seemed to dance and jump from one side of the trail to the other. The shadow cast by a fern seemed to detach and jump from tree to tree before blending in with the shadow of a bush. I was extremely happy to reach the willow pond aid station where I was able get some coke and solid food to help normalize my blood sugar. After eating, the light seemed to speed back up and no longer dance and swayed with my head lamp. The feeling of exhaustion however remained. It was on the .75 mile loop around the aid station I realized how tired I was, I almost rain straight into the alligator filled swamp. As I was running the loop I zoned out just staring at my head lamp which caused a sense of hypnosis, much like the center yellow line of a highway on long road trips. I was watching the light move but not the trail on which the light was illuminating, so when the trail took a sharp ninety degree turn I did not see the turn but simply ran straight following my light. I first realized I was off the trail until I notice the sounds changed. It went from the sound of soft thuds against wet dirt to sharp crunching of dry leaves and sticks. When I noticed the sound had changed it snapped me out of my hypnosis and I came to a stop just a few steps from the waters edge. I slowly retraced my steps till I found the trail and continued on my way. The same thing would be repeated about half a mile after leaving the willow pond aid station, only this time I simply ran into brush. The wildlife must have sensed my distress because they took every opportunity to jump out and scare me. I crossed paths with several deer in the last few miles of this loop. In addition to the deer I saw the largest raccoon of my life; I caught a glimpse of it as it made a turn in the trail ahead of me. I expected to see it as I made the same turn but it had disappeared in the woods and the darkness. As I exited the trail and began the mile of paved road back to the fishing pier a sense of relief that this loop was close to being done. The sense of relief was soon replaced by a feeling of hatred created by the fishing pier, as tired as I was I could not judge long distance. This only made the fishing pier seem to grow as I made way down the pier for the ninth time. After an epic mental battle I was off the pier and across the finish line, only one lap to go and Lora said there was no way she was going to sit this one out. That gave me a huge sense of relief and joy, I could use the company.
Despite the knowledge that this would be my last ten mile loop and having Lora with me, I was still unable to keep a steady pace. I was in pure survival mode at this point simply trying to cover miles in the most pain free way possible; this would mean lots and lots of walking. I would run for a few hundred feet and then walk double that distance. Even though I was walking a lot more then I was running my big toe still seemed to find the roots which would cause a brief out burst of profanity toward said root. I was able to keep the run and walk pace up till the willow pond aid station at which point I made the executive decision to walk the last five miles. My legs simply refused to run any longer so Lora and I settled into walk. I tried to maintain a quick pace but the hills with their loose sand made things very difficult. I had to almost duck walked the up hills because my calf’s being so tired pushing hard off my toe was not longer and option. Going down also proved difficult as my quads had no interest in eccentrically contracting, therefore going down hill was more of a controlled fall or a side ways slide. Lora and I spotted the armadillo on this last lap just before dawn it would be the last wildlife sighting of the race. I heard some leaves rustle and I shinned my light in the direction of the sound and sure enough a few yards off the trail there was an armadillo. It curled into a ball when my head lamp hit him, this made me laugh as I thought that was a poor defense strategy to someone who as spotted you with a spot light. Lora was especially excited to see him as she had never seen an armadillo either. We continued down the trail, which seemed to last for ever but finally made it out of the trail and on to the paved road, just a short two miles till the finish line. Lora and I started to walk as quickly as my legs would allow us to go, which even to me did not seem that fast. It was not long before a runner caught up to us and asked if we were going to push for a sub 26 finish, I said no just going to finish and that my legs where to tired to try and push for a sub 26. We hit the parking lot were the start/finish line was and made the left hand turn toward the fishing pier. When we got on the pier I could feel myself starting to slow and the feeling like the pier would never end. The runner who had passed us half a mile back was on his way back off the pier as he passed us he was pushing hard trying for that sub 26 hour finish. Lora and I continued to walk to the end of the pier. After making the turn I told Lora to walk in front of me and I just looked down at her shoes as we walked. I did not think I could handle staring a half mile expanse of concrete pier back to the finish. We made our way back off the pier getting some encouragement from the few fishermen who were already out on the pier. After what seemed like an eternity Lora took the last few steps of the pier, I was now only a few hundred yards from the finish line. Lora ran ahead at the point so she could try and get a good finish line picture. So I walked the last hundred yards alone trying to soak in every last bit of the course and the joy of finishing my second hundred milers. I was content to just walk across the finish line but as I approached I heard calls from the race director that you can’t walk across the line. So I mustered all the strength I had left and was able to jog the last several steps across the finish line for a finish time of twenty six hours and one minute.
Immediately after crossing the finish line I was greeted by Lora and a handful of race volunteers along with the race director. I shook the race directors hand has he handed me by fort clinch 100 finisher buckle, I expressed my gratitude at what an amazing race he had put on. In the amount short time spent standing at the finish line talking my legs had started to tighten up. So I slowly made my way over the car where Lora had an Intuition beer ready for me in the pint glass that was given out at packet pick up with the race logo emblazed on the side. Caleb, the race director, and Lora took some pictures of me holding my buckle and the pint glass and I settled into my chair to enjoy it. Lora and I stayed at the start line for about 30min relaxing and getting something to eat hoping that we would see some of the other racers finish. We both started getting pretty tired and knowing we had a long drive ahead of us we decided we had better get going with out having seen any other racers finish. We packed up the car and head over to the camp ground showers. Luckily there was a handicap shower in the shower hall with a seat and removable shower head which made washing off a 100 miles of dirt and sweat much easier for me. After the shower I settled into the passenger seat for the trip home. We stopped a few times on the way back for food and so Lora could get some sleep. It was truly great weekend.
I can not say enough about the race director and his volunteers; they were very organized and supportive. It was by far one the best run races I have been to in a long time. With out the volunteers at the willow pond aid station I am very sure this would have been a very different race for me. They pulled me out of a lot of low points without which I am sure this would have been a DNF race for me. Lora was also a huge support to me not only at the race but in the many training runs that she has accompanied me on and for all those early morning runs in which she was awakened by my alarm clock. With out her I don’t think I could have possibly accomplished this.

Copy of fort clinch 100 014



4 Responses to “Fort Clinch 100”

  1. robotleggs April 6, 2013 at 4:45 am #

    Josh, this is one of the most inspiring pieces of writing I’ve read in a long time. It’s vivid, detailed, funny, and surprising. You have accomplished so much! Please keep sharing stories about your running adventures. Congratulations on your second 100 miler finish! You are a beast.

  2. robotleggs April 6, 2013 at 4:39 pm #

    Reblogged this on robotleggs and commented:
    a 100 miler race recap from a high school buddy. if you want to be inspired and awed, read on! congrats, Josh! such an amazing accomplishment.

  3. ultrallama April 6, 2013 at 10:49 pm #

    One of the most enjoyable race reports I’ve read in a long time. I have people looking at me funny now in the coffee shop I’m sitting in because I was laughing so hard at your fishing pier comment. Thanks again for coming down to race. I am really glad you enjoyed it. The FURs (Florida Ultra Runners) are a passionate group of runner volunteers and easily made my race what is was.


  1. The Fort Clinch 100 Race Director Report | Official Site of the Fort Clinch 100 - April 7, 2013

    […] take on the race, by 10th place finisher, Josh Nelson, can be found here. My favorite quote from the […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: